10 elements to video – but a kc good citizens certificate of any level counts as 5!
* show suitable safe non punitive collar, tag meeting guidelines and poo bag.
* Recall – puppy type recall, or from a simple garden distraction and place back on lead.
* Groom & Vet check – showing the ability to safely handle your dog without excessive mouthing or struggle.
* Food manners – showing treats taken gently with manners.
* Heel on lead – minimum of 30 paces with about turns and right turns. Approximate loose lead, occasional tight leads are acceptable.
* Door control – dog waits in a stand, sit or down whilst handler opens the door and then follows through the door when the handler is ready.
* Sit Stay – 1 min with no distractions.
* Down Stay – 1 min with no distractions.
* Crate up – either at home or in vehicle. If handler does not use a crate a secure method of travel needs to be shown with the dog in a calm settled manner, otherwise a bed at home can be used again in a calm and settled manner